Yale Window Hinge Friction Stay Pair of hinges
These hinges are made by Yale, an industry leader in window and door hardware, with that in mind you can be confident of its quality and high performance.
Common Hinge Problems
- Gaps around the window
- Movement on the hinge side of the window
- Draughts or cold around the area of the window
- Clunky operation of the window
- Difficulty opening and closing
Measuring The Hinge
Working out what hinge you need can be quite daunting. However, it's quite simple and here's a little guide to help you.
- A. First you need to work out what hang type you need. On the diagram this is marked as A
- B. Now you need to find out how long your hinge is. This is marked as B
- C. The width of these hinges is 18mm
- D. This is the stack height, which can be either 13mm or 17mm. (See universal way below)
A full technical diagram is included in the image gallery.