1 x Pair Yale Easy Clean Fire Escape Window Hinges
These hinges are made by Yale, an industry leader in window and door hardware, with that in mind you can be confident of its quality and high performance. These hinges offer an easy clean function which allows you to slide the window to the side so you can clean your window from inside the building.
The easy clean function is operated by pressing in the button on the hinge and then sliding the window sash over to one side.
This is also an ideal replacement or upgrade for a potential fire escape window. This hinge opens to 90 degree to create a bigger opening for escape.
Common Hinge Problems
- Gaps around the window
- Movement on the hinge side of the window
- Draughts or cold around the area of the window
- Clunky operation of the window
- Difficulty opening and closing
Measuring The Hinge
Working out what hinge you need can be quite daunting. However, it's quite simple and here's a little guide to help you.
- A. All easy clean and fire escape hinges are side hung, so you won't need to work this one out
- B. This is the length of the hinge, the two options are 12 inch or 16 inch
- C. The width of these hinges is 18mm
- D. This is the stack height, which can be either 13mm or 17mm. (See universal way below)
Stack Height Cap - Universal Hinge Cap
In addition to the above measuring guide we have devised a way to make the measuring more easy for you.
If you are unable to measure the stack height of the hinge then you can purchase some Stack Height Caps.
The caps simply clip on to the hinge and convert the hinge from a 13mm stack to a 17mm stack. Simply purchase a 13mm stack height hinge and the Stack Height Caps from the drop down boxes above.
When you come to change your hinge and you notice it is actually a 17mm hinge, simply add the caps to the hinge and install the hinge as normal.