In this guide I will take you through the steps of how to replace a tilt and turn window handle. It’s very easy to do, so if you’re not that confident of a DIYer then don’t worry!
How to measure a tilt and turn window handle
Measuring a tilt and turn window handle is very simple as they’re quite universal. This means you only need to measure two things to ensure it will fit. Firstly, you will need to remove your current handle from your window.
- Open the window handle to the horizontal position and remove the two screw cover caps.
- Sometimes the screws are covered by a sprung loaded backplate. Simply lift the backplate and twist it to reveal the two screws.
- Remove both screws from the handle and the window handle will slide out from the window.
Now that you’ve removed the tilt and turn window handle its time to measure it. Using a ruler or tape measure, measure between the two screw holes. This is normally 43mm centre to centre. Once you have done this, you will need to measure the length of the spindle. Measure from the underneath the handle to the very tip of the spindle. Usually this is 40mm or 50mm in total length.
You’re now ready to order your new tilt and turn window handle. GB DIY Store stock a range of quality tilt and window handles.
How to fit a tilt and turn window handle
Fitting a tilt and turn window handle is as easy as removing it.
- Remove your window handle from the bag including all the additional accessories.
- Once you’ve done this, ensure your window is fully locked and slide the window handle in to the window in the same locked position.
- Turn the window handle to 90 degrees which will reveal both screw holes.
- Using your screw driver simply screw in both screws in.
- Check to make sure the handle operates the window as you would expect.
- Install the screw cover caps to finish.
Hopefully you should now know how to completely replace a tilt and turn window handle. If you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to get in touch.